Monday, June 27, 2011

Over $1600 Raised! Wow!

This is so incredible!  I'm right up there with Penny Arcade and GrubberGamer, of all sites!  This is amazing!  The Mario Marathon this year has raised over $75K $76K so far and 100% of the proceeds will go to Child's Play Charity. They buy video games, consoles, toys and books for kids in hospitals around the world so that they can feel like regular kids, if even for a little while. 

Additionally, studies have shown that by having these items of play around, children tend to heal faster and are less prone to infections and such as they are in a better place, mentally. The hospital staff also use the items of play as tools to help either explain to the kid whatever procedures they may have to go through, or to distract them from being potentially scared by the explanations.  

I'm so proud to be able to be a part of this and I want to thank each and every one of you who have contributed towards this amazing cause (and an extra special thanks to those who push the donations through my blog).  As a parent, it's heartening to know that should my child ever have to spend time in a hospital, people all over the world will have made it possible to bring a glimmer of fun and childishness into an other bleak situation. 

But it isn't over yet.  The marathon is still going strong.  So far 736 of 786 potential levels have been unlocked, and they have completed 650 of the paid levels.  Check out www.mariomarathon.com and watch.  It's incredibly fun and interactive.  If you feel inspired to give, click on the Donations button.  On the right-hand side of the page, you'll see a text box titled "Partner Sites".  Click on www.mindo-canadian.blogspot.com and then click "Donate via mindo-canadian.blogspot.com".  I am currently in fourth place on the list of Partner Sites.  I'm not trying to get the top dog spot.  I am more than happy to be "losing" (no one's losing here) to Penny Arcade and GrubberGamer.com but I think if this tiny little blog, that isn't even one year old can stay firmly in the top ten it would encourage more people to put the widget on their site as it shows that anyone can make a contribution.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that this blog would be able to raise as much as it has, and I couldn't be prouder.  If you can't donate, please help spread the word .  Let's keep it going, everyone!

PS: I want to give an extra special thanks to @CoW_mAn, @malfunct, @GrubberGamer, @MMStats and @MarioMarathon for giving me so much support!  You're all amazing people and hold a special place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment