Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

I've been s-l-o-w-l-y working on a post about how the Canadian Blood Services has a policy that is in direct violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms for the past couple of weeks, but I'm finding myself struggling to sink my into the post. It speaks to me, and it's something that really bothers me, but the post itself isn't coming to me in the organic way with which the previous two posts have. I'm going to table it for now and go with the ubiquitous New Year's resolution post.

I'm not one for them typically as I will be the first to admit that follow through is not my strong suit. This year however, I'm going to give it a go. I plan to end the year healthier, more fit and therefore lighter than I started the year. I'm not too concerned with setting a goal on the amount of weight I lose; if it's only one pound, I will have made progress and that would please me.

I figure if I take small steps without creating all these lofty goals/deadlines then I might just be able to do what I've set out to do. Some of the steps I've taken are:

  • I have signed up for Health Month, thanks to some gentle urging from Isabella Mori. I'm still figuring out the logistics of this site out, but it's a step towards achieving my goal.
  • I have purchased an exercise ball and a Jillian Michaels "beginners" workout DVD (seriously, who has you do planks when you're a newbie??). It's not easy, but I feel good (if super sweaty) by the end of the workout.
  • I have shared my goal on Facebook, with my partner and others so that maybe they can help keep me accountable and cheer me on.
We'll see how this works out, but given that I haven't placed too many restrictions/boundaries/limitations on my goal, I'm confident I'm going to surprise myself with how well I do.

What about you?

What is your New Year's resolution for 2011?
Do you bother with them?
Did you follow through on your resolution for 2010?
What steps do/did you take to achieve your goal(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment